To be a creative force supporting the product development associated with world class production machine automation and supporting digital services. The role is a hybrid or engineering and product design/management
- The creation of new ideas and product proposition development
- Working with global product managers and sales team to define market needs and ensure all product development programme differentiates us in the market place
- Visualisation support for Digital Service and AR applications
- Be a digital ambassador for the Tadcaster site with global peers across other sites
- Develop commercial model around product/service offerings to maximise potential
- Support business product management and marketing
- Support the operational side of the business in embedding new product and service offerings
- You are accountable for the quality of your output against a given brief. The output is generally seen as good
- When developing solutions you have an accountability to maximise the potential of the knowledge within Mpac, external knowledge sources coupled with innovative thought to ensure your solutions constantly offer maximum value to our customer. It is expected that you have a basic understanding of the business and are able to take the information and build upon it across all areas
- Establish and work within limited budgets. Ensure that your Innovations projects are delivered to target
- Support the claiming of tax and grants for any given work
- Support peers in their personal development
- To proactively protect Mpac IP and trade secrets at all times
- To have a basic level of knowledge/appreciation in Mpac and other industry technologies which can provide automation solutions within Medical and Healthcare Assembly, Converting, Packaging and Special Purpose Automation
- To have a basic understanding of our external customer’s varied desires and drivers including functionality, cost of goods sold, quality, regulatory, flexibility, adaptability and global strategy
- To have a basic understanding of Mpac’s technological position in the market and align our work to strengthen this position
- Work in collaboration with the product management, sales, applications, technical and service departments to identify and understand technology and marketplace knowledge gaps and opportunities for increased value
- Provide creative and innovative solutions for our product development and customer propositions to effectively communicate market place differentials.
- Be creative with meaningful and impactful visualisations for product and service front ends to maximise the potential for success.
- Act as an internal consultant between departments enabling product development to be effectively embedded within marketing, sales and operations across all sites globally.
- Play an active role in the development of digital products and visualisations
- Play an active role in developing physical showcases and events to support the communication of Mpac products and services
- Manage expected timeline, resource and budgetary requirements to successfully deliver a scope of work
- Be flexible and adaptable to proactively learn new skills, as appropriate, to deliver a project or as part of your broader personal development
- Ensure Innovations output is in line with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Help maintain a world class, highly capable and presentable Innovation facility.
- Promote Mpac and Innovations services when interacting with the customer
- From time to time be flexible to travel at relatively short notice within UK or worldwide to meet customers, suppliers or to Mpac Group sites/events.
- Provide to the Innovations Director the required information for the measurement of the departments KPIs.
- By always mindful of the Health and Safety of yourself and others working in your area. As a member of the Mpac Lambert team you will need to understand and identify hazards in the work you are proposing and follow company procedure to ensure a safe working environment for all.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Product management
- Creating visualisations 2D and/or 3D including CAD and AR software
- Experience and knowledge of machine automation or industrial technology
- Comfortable with some visual studio programming
- Commercially aware of the effective use of resources, scope change and impact of decisions as well as the commercial reality our customers operate within
- MS Project
- Industrial design
- Experience in presenting solutions
- Ability to manage work load across multiple projects simultaneously
- Product development background
- Experience in a creative industry
- Engineering background
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite
- 3D design software (Preferably Inventor)
- Degree in one of the following or equivalent:
- Product Design Engineering BSc
- Design for Industry BA
- Mechanical Engineering BEng