To provide a robust, effective, product design solutions to the business to ensure the business meets its responsibilities to customers & regulatory bodies.
- Provide a high level of electrical design output through a thorough understanding of internal / external customer and regulatory requirements.
- Continuously apply innovative thought to ensure the companies electrical design services offer maximum value to our customers.
- Provide a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in the most cost effective manner and scope changes are managed in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload is managed so that deliveries are met.
- Ensure electrical design output is in line with the company’s standard operating procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Effectively communicate project status to the Programme Manager, customers and suppliers.
- Play a proactive role in the departments continuous improvement programme.
- Provide the business with the required information to establish a projects performance relative to its KPI’s.
- Mentor Electrical Designers to ensure the quality of the department design output.
- Provide technical input during project design review meetings.
- Supporting assembly and commissioning activities.
- Always strive to add value to our customers, building partnerships based on trust, respect and flexibility. Communicate effectively at all times and provide unrivalled extra service, unexpected and beyond anything our competitors provide.
- Provide a high level of skill in interpreting the customer’s and regulatory requirements to ensure electrical designs are perfectly aligned. This will ensure technical risk is reduced to acceptable levels and deliver solutions right first time.
- Being constantly commercially aware to maximise value to our customers and maintain a loyal customer base.
- Ensure the relevant design documents are issued in line with the schedule enabling agreed deliveries to be met.
- Ensure that design quality is maintained throughout the project by verifying in collaboration with the Control Systems Manager that the output meets the company’s standard operating procedures. This will ensure internal and external customers are satisfied.
- Communicate accurate project status to the Programme Manager, Senior Electrical Designer, internal and external customers and suppliers to ensure they can proactively plan.
- Contribute to the department’s continuous improvement programme to ensure the business provides the highest possible value of service to our customers.
- Compile information and report to the business on the project performance relative to the departments KPI’s. This will ensure the department is constantly aligned to the company’s strategy.
- Perform the role of technical support in collaboration with the Control Systems Manager during internal and external design review meetings to ensure key design approvals are achieved in line with project schedules.
- Plan resource requirements with the Control Systems Manager to develop project milestones and maintain the status report to give visibility to other departments so they can pro-actively plan
- Liaison with internal and external panel builders and electricians to ensure the construction is aligned to the design documents which will lead to the elimination of waste.
- Perform verification activities to ensure the as build installations are aligned with the design documents. (Yellow lining)
- Apply technical due diligence by being process risk aware and applying supplier and internal evaluations to mitigate risk. This will be achieved through a full understanding of all relevant customer & regulatory requirements ensuring our products are fully capable and compliant.
- Contribute to machine commissioning activities to a successful FAT & SAT by supporting the commissioning team members.
- Ensure all relevant design documents are controlled and archived in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Work with all Mpac Lambert colleagues to ensure compliance with ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001 and support a culture of Lean and Continuous Improvement by complying with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures. This will ensure that Mpac Lambert retains its accreditation and maintains its position as a provider of high quality service and that its employees are working efficiently and safely.
- Work with all Mpac Lambert colleagues to ensure that our internal customer ethos is delivered and maintained through everything we do including right first time, on time and in full.
- Always demonstrate respect, integrity, trust and excellence in interactions with all colleagues, customers and suppliers in line with Mpac Lambert’s internal customer programme.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Applying technical due diligence, being risk aware, performing internal and supplier evaluations to mitigate risk.
- Knowledge of British and international standards relative to the design and installation of industrial automation systems.
- Experience of conducting assessments and generating technical documents in accordance with the Machinery Directive and other British and international standards.
- Experience in the validation procedures and application of GAMP
- Experience of working in an innovative environment and providing innovative solutions.
- Apprentice trained in electrical or mechatronic engineering discipline and 3 years post apprenticeship electrical design experience
- HNC, HND, or BSC in a relevant engineering discipline and 3 post graduate design experience.
- Ability to perform the role of designer for multiple projects simultaneously.
- The generation and verification of electrical design documents. (Wiring Diagrams, cable schedules, parts lists)
- Interpretation of customer requirements and presentation of design solutions at internal design reviews
- Commercially aware of the effective use of resources, scope change and implications of choice.
- Experience in the design of industrial automation in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in evaluating technical requirements and providing viable solutions.
- Experience in identifying and reporting long and short term project resource requirements
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work within tight timescales
- Proficient in the use of electrical design software (Preferably EPlan)