Enable world class digital products and services aligned to Mpac Group product and service capability. As a Digital & Innovations Full Stack Developer you are responsible for the development of a state-of-the-art Digital Services infrastructure which will collate and process global customer metrics before presenting the results to our group service teams, so enabling them to provide an enhanced service offering to our customers. The role will involve engaging internal customers across different global sites and departments, providing considered thought and actions to achieve our digital service objectives.
- As a Digital & Innovations Full Stack Developer you will be accountable to support the digital services lead in the development of our Digital Services infrastructure
- You are accountable for the quality of the output of your work and projects assigned in all areas, especially in your area of specialism. The output is generally seen as of a high quality.
- When developing solutions, you have an accountability to maximise the potential of the knowledge within Mpac Group, external knowledge sources coupled with innovative thought to ensure your solutions constantly offer maximum value to our customer. It is expected that you have a thorough understanding of the business and are able to take the information and build upon it across all areas.
- More specifically you are accountable for engaging internal technical, IT, sales, and service stakeholders to ensure engagement and take in to account existing approaches so future solutions gain synergies as much as is practical.
- When leading Product Development Innovation, you will have accountability to the business to ensure the submission is costed and executed accurately. This includes all necessary measures to ensure smooth adoption across all sites and to the long-term sustained success of the products playing an ongoing supporting role as required.
- Liaise with the lead developer and internal stakeholders advising on the technical delivery on Digital Service
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Work independently and to your own initiative. This will at times require you to work remotely and deliver results with minimum supervision.
- To understand our external customer’s varied desires and drivers including functionality, cost of goods sold, quality, regulatory, flexibility, adaptability, global strategy and especially the barriers and drivers behind successful IT/OT integration and promote Mpac Lambert and Innovations services when interacting with the customer.
- Support the development of road maps to manage research and development activities from first concepts through characterisation to agreeable performance and quality criteria signed off with our external customers.
- Manage and implement Proof of Principle (PoP) projects to demonstrate successful and robust process solutions to both internal and external customers. This can be a hands on role where you may with support assembly, some wiring (24V only)
- Be flexible and adaptable to pro-actively learn new skills as appropriate to deliver a project or as part of your broader personal development.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels and report findings in a way which is clear, concise, conclusive and validated.
- Support other departments in the adoption of new technologies developed within Innovations.
- Ensure Innovations output is in line with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- To help maintain a world class, highly capable and presentable Innovation facility.
- From time to time to be flexible to travel at relatively short notice within UK or worldwide to meet customers, suppliers or to Mpac Group sites/events.
- Provide to the Innovations Director the required information for the measurement of the department KPI’s or other reporting metrics.
- Health and Safety of yourself and others working in your area. As a senior member of the Mpac Lambert team you will need to understand and identify hazards in the work you are proposing and follow company procedure to ensure a safe working environment for all.
- Create and manage expected timeline resource and budgetary requirement to successfully deliver a scope of work.
- Ensure we maximise the claimable tax and grants for any given work.
- Understand Mpac Group strategy and ensure all work is aligned to these plans.
- Mentor, coach and support peers to support their personal development.
- To proactively protect Mpac IP and trade secrets at all times.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of Factory Automation – Make and Pack
- Creating attractive front ends for users to interact with
- You will have a good understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies for designing, coding, testing, peer review, documenting and debugging.
- Technical experience with databases, web development and client/server application development.
- Commercial experience and previous projects across both front end and back end.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Expert knowledge of full stack languages with a specific focus on .Net, C# and React.
- Familiar with Docker and MQTT technologies.
- Strong UI/UX development experience with Web Frameworks such as Vue, React or similar is essential.
- Database experience with SQL/MySQL/NoSQL database design and optimisation.
- At least 3 years’ experience in developing software in the Full Stack
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience of online security and best practices in a web environment.
- You must have a working knowledge of current software development patterns and practices, Web development concepts, and be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- You will have proven the ability to implement complex, well-structured multi-layered services with high quality front and back end code.
- Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or Computer Science.